If you were injured in an accident due to the negligence of others, Cheryl Kitton advises that you:
- – Seek immediate medical attention. Not doing so may lead to a much more severe physical and medical condition. Going to the hospital or consulting your physician when seriously injured reduces the chance of further injury. Follow through with your doctor’s recommendations. Seek a second opinion if necessary.
- – Try to get as much information as possible from others involved in the accident. Acquire the exact location, the license and registration information of the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident, the police officers and / or paramedics names and badge numbers.
- – If there were witnesses, take their personal information including a phone number.
- – Do not speak with other parties’ insurance companies. You are entitled to seek damages for lost wages, pain and suffering, bodily injury and property damages. If you are contacted by another party’s insurance company, tell them to speak with your attorney.
- – Maintain all of your medical records related to the accident. Additionally, you are entitled to reimbursement for medications and travel expenses to and from medical examinations / therapy visits. Keep all receipts in a safe place and record your distance / dates / fuel costs if you are able to drive. Maintain receipts for all other forms of transportation.
*Disclaimer: Viewing this Website does not constitute a formal agreement with Cheryl Kitton. The Law Firm of Cheryl Kitton will not be held responsible for misuse of the information stated within.